BY HUGO RICHARDS
This article on Magic: The Gathering is going to be focusing on one of the types of cards: the creature cards. The creature cards are a big factor of winning a Magic game as you need them to damage a player and creature cards are one of the only cards that can do damage.
There are 6 main parts of a creature card.
1. The name of the card. It has no actual impact on gameplay, but they are fun to scream at the top of your lungs. To find the name of the card, look at the very top of the card.
2. The color of the card. This part of the card is important as it gives you an idea of what land you need (please reference other article).
3. The land needed. This part is next to the name, and is probably the second most important part of the card. This shows you how much a card costs and you need this because you need those to see what land cards to include in the deck.
4. The type of card it is. This is under the picture and shows you when you can play the card.
5. The abilities of the card are very important, as they let you know what the special abilities are that impact things like health or damage.
6. Last but definitely not least, the power and health of the card. This goes in the order of power/health. The first number power is how much damage it can do to another card, or even a player as well! The second number, health, is how much damage the card can take.
This is all the information you should need to know about creature cards in Magic: The Gathering.